List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: l10n-kde4/nl/docs/extragear-multimedia/amarok
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-08-12 18:25:19

El Diumenge, 12 d'agost de 2012, a les 11:28:07, Freek de Kruijf va escriure:
> Op zondag 12 augustus 2012 14:06:30 schreef Albert Astals Cid:
> > El Diumenge, 12 d'agost de 2012, a les 08:30:28, Freek de Kruijf va
>
> escriure:
> > > But the difference is that kdelibs is part of the version system of KDE,
> > > and is released within a new KDE version, whereas Amarok has his own
> > > version system and is released independent of the release of KDE. So,
> > > when a new release of Amarok is published, a new tarball is made, and
> > > the
> > > new version of Amarok is build for the different versions of KDE.
> >
> > Yes, because Amarok depends on kdelibs.
> >
> > > What I am talking about is a system like that for kdelibs
> >
> > So you want to release a new kdelibs that works with older kdelibs? How
> > does this work? kdelibs is kdelibs, can't release kdelibs that work with
> > old kdelibs since basically kdelibs replaces kdelibs.
>
> I would not phrase it like that. The new kdelibs replaces the old kdelibs.

Isn't that what i said?

> So it must be downwards compatible. Is that the right term?

Yes, new versions support everything old versions supported plus more things
and bugfixes.

> > > or part of kdelibs, the part that deals with entities.
> >
> > I already told you this is the plan for kdeframeworks (the successor of
> > kdelibs for "what will not be called KDE SC 5")
>
> Yes, but I took the opportunity to raise this in wider audience. Although
> now it is back to this email list only.

Who else you want to have discussing this?

> > > So there are different versions of kdelibs, but in principle only the
> > > highest released version is used in all KDE versions.
> >
> > Err, what? If by "KDE version" you mean KDE SC release 4.8.0, obviously
> > kdelibs 4.8.0 will be used for that, and for KDE SC release 4.8.3 kdelibs
> > 4.8.3 will be released.
> >
> > I don't understand what you mean by "only the highest released kdelibs
> > version is used in all KDE versions".
>
> When kdelibs has it own version system independent of KDE SC does it make
> sense than?

kdelibs does not have a different version than the KDE SC at the moment.

Cheers,
  Albert