List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: l10n-kde4/nl/docs/extragear-multimedia/amarok
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-08-12 12:06:30

El Diumenge, 12 d'agost de 2012, a les 08:30:28, Freek de Kruijf va escriure:
> Op zondag 12 augustus 2012 11:44:35 schreef Albert Astals Cid:
> > El Dissabte, 11 d'agost de 2012, a les 19:47:35, Freek de Kruijf va
>
> escriure:
> > > in extragear, but I am not sure.
> >
> > Amarok is distributed as a tarball.
> > kdelibs is distributed as a tarball.
> >
> > Amarok has stable point (x.y.z), minor(x.y+1.0) and major
> > releases(x+1.0.0)
> > kdelibs has stable point (x.y.z), minor(x.y+1.0) and major
> > releases(x+1.0.0)
> >
> > As you see they are distributed the same way.
>
> But the difference is that kdelibs is part of the version system of KDE, and
> is released within a new KDE version, whereas Amarok has his own version
> system and is released independent of the release of KDE. So, when a new
> release of Amarok is published, a new tarball is made, and the new version
> of Amarok is build for the different versions of KDE.

Yes, because Amarok depends on kdelibs.

> What I am talking about is a system like that for kdelibs

So you want to release a new kdelibs that works with older kdelibs? How does
this work? kdelibs is kdelibs, can't release kdelibs that work with old
kdelibs since basically kdelibs replaces kdelibs.

> or part of kdelibs, the part that deals with entities.

I already told you this is the plan for kdeframeworks (the successor of
kdelibs for "what will not be called KDE SC 5")

> So there are different versions of kdelibs, but in principle only the
> highest released version is used in all KDE versions.

Err, what? If by "KDE version" you mean KDE SC release 4.8.0, obviously
kdelibs 4.8.0 will be used for that, and for KDE SC release 4.8.3 kdelibs
4.8.3 will be released.

I don't understand what you mean by "only the highest released kdelibs version
is used in all KDE versions".

Cheers,
  Albert