List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: We translated kde-dev-guide (KDE Development - A Beginner's Guide)
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2012-06-23 9:18:19

Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:29:37 +0300 =C2=D5=CC=CF =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=CF Fr=
anklin Weng  =

<franklin@goodhorse.idv.tw>:

> Hi list,
>

> We've done translating the KDE development guide for beginner.  Only
> the text part, though.
>
> But I have no idea what we can do next.  Do you have a public
> repository for this?
> Also, do you have any rules for reformatting this guide?  Now only the=

> text parts are translated.  We need to format it to become a manual.
>

> Thanks,
> Franklin

Hi,

If I understand things correctly, it should be translated where it resid=
es  =

now, on http://www.flossmanuals.net/

Once translated it should be available as HTML, PDF, EPUB (free), and ha=
rd  =

copy (for additional fee).

If you have translated text, you can also use XeTeX to make HTML, PDF an=
d  =

EPUB from it. It is not very hard to add formatting and Chinese figures =
or  =

additional remarks to it (it's GPL). The only problem is availability.  =

Such translation should be advertised on forums to reach Google search a=
nd  =

its reader.

If the authors of this manual want to ship it with KDE, they can convert=
  =

it to docbook and add the item to KHelpCenter. If they do so, we can  =

translate the manual in a common way.

That's my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Yuri