List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Soft freezes, feature freezes and some KDE modules
From:       Kevin Krammer <krammer () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-06-16 8:04:14

On Saturday, 2012-06-16, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> KDE 4.9 Release schedule [1] proclaims that after 17th of May
>
> "No major new strings changes should be done. You cannot add new strings,
> if you really need one ask kde-i18n-doc for an exception."
>
> "Trunk is frozen for all feature commits, even those listed in the planned
> feature document. Only bug fixes are allowed."
>
> Regretfully, some developers (KDE PIM, Umbrello) successfully ignore these
> claims and continue to add messages (sometimes these additions are not
> perfect ;) ) and features to the trunk.
>
> Can these freezes be removed for KDE PIM and KDE SDK at least for this
> cycle? Seems that they are not followed anyway... May it be worth to
> determine other terms for these modules?

As far as KDE PIM is concerned everybody there should follow the freezes, i.e.
I am not aware of anyone working on some kind of special exception.

Can you send me a list of violations per private mail so I can bring this up
with the respective developers outside of public channels?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring