List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: urgent: authors disappear when I merge or scatter.
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2012-05-31 20:31:59

> [: Abdalrahim Fakhouri :]
> Is // svn merge -r HEAD:1292918 // supposed to revert my local repo to
> revision 1292918 ??

Yes. You will get some files changed (to their contents in 1292918), some
deleted and some created. process_orphans.sh is then run to handle those
that got created (they may be renamed, copied elsewhere, etc).

> Scripty works on midnight on some European timing every day, right ??

It's not really too deterministic. It depends on the changes after the last
run when it will reach to process any given language in the current run.

> Just to be sure, when someone merges or scatters to or from a summit, are
> the contributor names and emails merged automatically ??

On scatter from the summit, contributor names and emails do get copied into
branch files. When summit is merged, contributor names and emails in summit
files are not touched. There is no scatter to the summit; there is only the
single, starting gather of the summit from branch files. On that gather,
summit files will get contributor names and emails from trunk files, and not
_from stable files.

> Sorry for the unnecessary headache I might have caused, and thanks a lot
> Chusslove! :)

Well, it's no headache for me. Instead it may become headache for you, if
you do unexpected things :)

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)