List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [grammar doubt]
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2012-05-26 7:58:55

On 05/25/2012 11:50 PM, mvillarino wrote:
> @ docmessages/kde-runtime/kcontrol_emoticons.
>
> The Design will be removed from the disk if you click
> <guibutton>Apply</guibutton>  or leave this module confirming to apply
> your change.
>

> My doubt is in the "or leave this...". This seems strange to me, as I
> would expect an explicit subject before the verb "to leave" (e.g. "or
> if you leave").
> So, is the phrase "the design will be removed .. if you click ... or
> leave ...." correct ?
>
> Kind regards,
> Marce Villarino

Hi,

I wrote this doc. This is about the Emoticons Theme Manager in
SystemSettings. The sentence is really bad indeed. "The Design" should
be "The Theme"

"The Theme will be removed from the disk if you click Apply" <- this I
can probably change

The second part of the sentence tries to explain that if you do not
click Apply but leave the System Settings Emoticon page then you get a
dialog to confirm your change and if you confirm, the Theme will be
removed from your disk.

Not sure how to explain this. Not sure if I am allowed to change it anyway?

Anne-Marie