List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Messages in qt/phonon_gstreamer.po are unclear
From:       Alexander Potashev <aspotashev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-04-30 17:28:30

Developers of phonon-gstreamer, (translators,)

Could you please explain to me the meanings of the following messages
from the translation template `qt/phonon-gstreamer.pot`, and make
changes or add context strings as needed:

1. "Missing codec helper script assistant."

* Is this an error message about something being missing?
* What is missing - codec, helper, script or assistant?
* What users can do when they get this error message?

2. "Plugin codec installation failed."

What is a "plugin codec" here? If you meant a plugin for gstreamer
that introduces a new codec, then it should be called a "codec
plugin", I guess.

3. "Phonon attempted to install an invalid codec name."

First of all, we cannot install _names_ - we install _codecs_, so this
message should be rephrased.

Then, what do you mean by an "invalid name"? Does such a name contain
unacceptable characters, or no codecs could be found by this name in
the list of available codecs?

4. "Could not update plugin registry after update."

What is the "plugin registry" - is it a kind of package database as
seen in most Linux distributions? Can we call it "plugin database"?

--
Alexander Potashev