List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Question about message in Okular
From:       Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kruijf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-10 0:03:07

On zaterdag 10 maart 2012 00:51:53 Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> Am Freitag, 9. März 2012, 23:00:37 schrieb Kristof Bal:
> > 2012/3/9 Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzer@kde.org>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > there is a message in OPkular, I do not understand.
> > >
> > > "Will use at maximum 50% of your total memory or your free
> > > memory, whatever is bigger."
> > >
> > > The free memory cannot be bigger than the total memory. Or do I
> > > miss the point of the message?
> >
> > I guess: '50% of the total' OR 'the free'
>
> Then it is still a problem to use whatever is bigger. Because if there
> 25% of the total free, then it cannot use 50% as the bigger number.
>
> Regards

In case you use 25% of the total memory at a certain moment, than you have the
choice 50% of the total memory or 75% of that memory. In this case okular
chooses the 75%, because that is the bigger number.

In case you have 25% free, okular will use 50%, which means that in case it
really needs that amount it will swap memory.

At least that is my understanding.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf