List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: A note on KDevelop translation (hey "gl" team!)
From:       Burkhard =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2012-02-11 20:18:27

Am Samstag, 11. Februar 2012, 20:04:49 schrieb Milian Wolff:

> Since KDevelop is "just" a ~relatively~ small wrapper around the
> functionality in KDevplatform, I currently only include translations in
> the release tarballs which come above the 75% threshold in *both*
> projects.

Thanks for your mail.

But sad news for gl team.

I searched the archive of this list to see when this info
(KDevelop+KDevplatform>75% for a release) was published - more than one year
ago. In the announcement for 4.3 (6 weeks ago) this fact was not mentioned.

Please keep in mind that translation teams have to deal with a lot of projects
and releases and that is really hard to deal with the thresholds and
dependencies for all projects.

For the top teams with translations > 90 % a threshold/dependency does not
matter, their translations are usually always in a release.

But for smaller teams it is important to know that.

Plese add this info for any string freeze/release announcement, that would
help translation teams to avoid wasting their resources.

Thanks.

--
Burkhard Lück