List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Request: message freeze exception
From:       Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles () elpauer ! org>
Date:       2011-11-22 0:31:05

Hi all,

Last weekend we had the KDE eV Sprint at Berlin.

For various reasons, financial mainly, it was clear we need to raise
visibility of the Join the Game campaign in order to get more users to
sign up. One of the decisions we took was to add a bit of the Join the
Game text to KDE applications.

We need to get this in now because 4.8 is probably the last release
before 5.0, and given our history with 4.0, I expect many users to
avoid 5.0. This means either the Join the Game propaganda goes in for
4.8, or it will not arrive to our users before 18-24 months (12 months
till 5.0 + 6 months for 5.1 + distribution delay + ...). We cannot
wait 18 months.

Given that we are already message frozen, I am hereby requesting a
message freeze exception for the following:
- A new menu subheader (text: "Support KDE: Join the Game")
- A new dialog with three tabs. The text of these tabs is essentially
the same as the three columns in http://jointhegame.kde.org/

In total, is less than 100 words.

Is anyone against it?

--