List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Broken link in translation docmessages Amarok
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2011-11-14 15:36:08

=D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=B5 Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:45:=
24 +0200, Myriam Schweingruber  =

<myriam@kde.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> 2011/11/14 Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor@ukr.net>:
>> Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:46:39 +0200 =D0=B1=D1=83=D0=BB=D0=BE =D0=BD=D0=B0=
=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=BE Thom Castermans
>> <thom.castermans@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm working on the Dutch translation of docmessages in kde4trunk
>>> (extragear-multimedia) of Amarok. Now I found that the link in strin=
g  =

>>> 205
>>> "
>>> http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/
>>> FAQ#What_media_types_does_Amarok_support.3F" is broken and can be  =

>>> replaced
>>> by
>>> "http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/FAQ#What_media_types_does_Amarok_support=
.3F"
>>> to fix it.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps. In the Dutch translation I replaced the link with t=
he
>>> link
>>> above.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Thom Castermans
>>

>> Hi!
>>
>> Thanks for the report.
>>
>> Actually it should be
>> http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/Various/FAQ#What_media_types_do=
es_Amarok_support.3F
>> as it was decided that manual data from Amarok wiki will be transferr=
ed  =

 =

  =

>> It is
>> *huge* (the largest after digiKam old docs, ~1700 messages, 11MB of  =

>> size)
>> and slightly outdated (2.4.1, some sections need to be updated to 2.5=
).  =

  =

>> (it is
>> not easy task to translate 300kB of text).
>>
>> The preliminary copy can be found here (PDF, ~10.6MB):
>>
>> http://ompldr.org/vYjhxcw/Amarok%20Handbook.pdf
>>
>> What is your opinion?
>
> Why not start translating it now? There will not be that many changes
> in the updated version for 2.5, mostly additions and very few
> removals. I will go through the Manual today and check if there are
> indeed many possible changes, but I doubt so.
> What is the most important to translate is the first section: The
> Quick Start Guide, and there will not be many changes to that.
> There are far more updates to make in the screen shots since the task
> bar was removed after 2.4.1, but that is mainly cosmetic and shouldn't=

> bother the translators.
>

> Regards, Myriam.

Hi!

New documentation committed to Amarok git.

http://commits.kde.org/amarok/8115876a2772ca1b9f7b10ae16cad1a9444b61ca

Instructions on update and conversion can be found on

http://userbase.kde.org/How_To_Convert_a_UserBase_Manual_to_Docbook

Best regards,
Yuri