List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: rekonq 0.8 string freeze
From:       Alexander Potashev <aspotashev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-10-15 15:48:25

2011/9/21 Andrea Diamantini <adjam7@gmail.com>:
> As usual, I'll consider three weeks of time for translations (while we are
> working on bugfixing).
> Please, ask me if you need more information about CC'ing me in the reply as
> I'm not subscribed to this mailing list.

Hi!

There are a few problems in the strings available for localization in rekonq:
1. Untranslatable link "Certificate Information", see
rekonq/src/urlbar/sslwidget.cpp, line 115.
2. "_Wanna_ close the window or the whole _app_?" are slang words,
please avoid them.
3. The text "TextLabel" (see sslinfo.ui) should not be translatable.
4. The string "Digests:" contains too many HTML attributes that no one
would ever translate.
5. A lot of strings have exclamation marks at the end, e.g. "The
Certificate is Valid!" Someone has already told recently on this
mailing list that exclamation marks should be avoided outside KDE
Games.

--
Alexander Potashev