List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Merging message catalogs
From:       Burkhard =?iso-8859-15?q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2011-08-01 18:22:49

Am Sonntag, 31. Juli 2011, 02:07:53 schrieb David Jarvie:
> I'd like to merge the following three catalogs together in master, without
> losing translations. The catalogs all relate to KAlarm's two Akonadi
> resources - one for each resource, and one for message strings common to
> both resources. I think it would be tidier to merge them, and it would
> also eliminate a couple of strings which are duplicated. Can you please
> either let me know what to do, or do it for me.

You need a full checkout of l10n-kde4, so probably kde-i18n-doc should do the
merge for you.In that case please cc kde-i18n-doc in the commit of this
change.

> The catalogs concerned are:
>     messages/kdepim/akonadi_kalarm_resource.pot
>     messages/kdepim/akonadi_kalarm_dir_resource.pot
>     messages/kdepim/akonadi_kalarm_resource_common.pot
>
> Will the fact that there will be a different catalog structure in 4.7
> branch and master mean that 4.7 translations for them won't be merged into
> master in future, or does the translation system take care of this?

There is no kind of automatic merge/sync between master + 4.7 translations
except summit, so a different catalog structure would afaik not really harm.
Chusslove wrt summit?

> If
> translations won't be merged in future, would it be possible to merge the
> catalogs in 4.7 branch also?

From my pov this merge should be done as well.

Lets wait for Albert's + Chusslove's comment.

--
Burkhard Lück