List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Finding a strange error while submitting at trunk
From:       Freek de Kruijf <f.de.kruijf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-07-06 11:03:11

Op woensdag 6 juli 2011 12:14:05 schreef g.sora:
> Hi,
> maybe it is quite trivial, but I am not able to find where the error is.
>
> In the file kdebase/kfontinst.po I have the following sentence:
>
> #: kcmfontinst/KCmFontInst.cpp:738
> #, kde-format
> #| msgid "Do you really want to move this font?"
> #| msgid_plural "Do you really want to move these %1 fonts?"
> msgid "Do you really want to move this font?"
> msgid_plural ""
> msgstr[0] "Tu realmente vole mover iste font?"
> <i>%3</i>?"
>

> When I try to submit it i get the following error:
>
> svn: Commit blocked by pre-commit hook (exit code 1) with output:
> <stdin>:751: a format specification for arguments 1 and 2 doesn't exist in
> 'msgstr[0]', only one argument may be ignored
> msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
>
> trunk/l10n-kde4/ia/messages/kdebase/kfontinst.po:
> ERROR: There were syntax errors detected in a po file you committed.
> ERROR: Please correct them first.
>
> Line 751 is the one beginning with msgstr[0]
>
> Please, someone can tell me where I am wrong?
> Thank you all
> Giovanni

You are not wrong, but apparently something is wrong with marking this message
as fuzzy in the process of updating the .po file. The error message is right.
You have to put %2 and %3 somewhere in the translation.

However the message itself is wrong. It starts with <p> but it does not end
with </p>. And probably the msgid is also wrong it should contain %2 and %3
somehow.

So the solution is to properly translate the plural with %2 and %3 in it and
wait for the correct message to appear; with </p> and with %2 and %3 in the
msgid.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf