List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Localizing Exponential Numbers?
From:       John Layt <john () layt ! net>
Date:       2011-05-03 16:13:54

Hi,

Quick question.  KLocale::readNumber() assumes that scientific/exponential
numbers will be be expressed like "-123E+23".  The initial sign and the digit
set are localized but the E and its sign are not.  Is this correct, or are
there locales that use a different symbol?

While I'm asking we also assume the sign should always be at the start of the
number, are there any cultures where this is not the case?  For Money we allow
it to be at the end or in parentheses so for normal numbers it seems a little
strange not to.

In fact, any other known issues with localizing numbers?

Cheers!

John.