List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kcm-grub2
From:       "Sveinn_ķ_Felli_(IMAP)" <sveinki () nett ! is>
Date:       2011-04-30 10:44:35

Žann lau 30.apr 2011 10:03, skrifaši Frederik Schwarzer:
> [Freek de Kruijf - Samstag, 30. April 2011 11:58:36]
>> Op zaterdag 30 april 2011 11:41:17 schreef Sveinn ķ Felli (IMAP):
>>> Well, I use a bash script to checkin messages, templates and
>>> scripts.
>>
>> I do the same. So you should have
>> .../templates/messages/playground-sysadmin/kcm-grub2.pot
>>
>>> And actually I use KBabel more often than Lokalize ;-)
>>
>> It took a while before I found the hidden features of lokalize that are
>> comparable to the more obvious similar features of KBabel. Now I am quite
>> happy with lokalize, although I am sure there are more hidden features in
>> lokalize that I did not discover yet.
>
> Besides Lokalize's usefulness ... wasn't KBabel's plural handling broken with KDE 4 translations?
>
> Regards

Not to my knowledge - I recall having had to modify the
Plural-Forms line in some of my headers at some time. But
no, it seems to work correctly.

As I use both Lokalize and KBabel, I can only say for my
kind of workflow; I'm much more efficient with KBabel. And
I'm a bit addicted to precise configuration of the TM
search, reading a folder and its subfolder into TM-db,
seeing how many new 'hits' are in a project and controlling
how much similarity is a 'hit' etc.

Lokalize has more 'in the background' processing (which I
personally disgust/distrust). But it has support for TMX and
stuff...

This may coincide with my role as a language
coordinator/reviewer across multiple different projects.

Regards,

Sveinn