List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Localization in Albanian (sq)
From:       Vít Pelčák <vit () pelcak ! org>
Date:       2011-04-29 11:24:25

Hello.

2011/4/29 Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha@gmail.com>:
> Albert,
>
> Actually I was interested in translating just the programing commands
> of KTurtle.

It is nonsense to do so as unless certain criteria are met,
translations are not released as part of KDE.

See:

http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kde4/essential/

You have to reach 100% in this list.

> Then it turned out that it is part of kdeedu. Now I have to translate
> kdelibs4.po as well.
> And also cheating (using collaborative web tools etc.) is not allowed...

Once you have commit access, you are free to translate the way you
wish. Then just commit your changes via svn.

> Are you trying to scare people away? Why don't you try to make it as
> easy as possible?

Not necessarily. Keep in mind that there needs to be some protection
from vandalisation. Therefore not everyone is allowed to have _write_
access to svn repository.

> I think that small contributions are as good as big ones. People
> should not have to be
> dedicated to KDE in order to be able to help.

Yes. And that is why there is that requirement. To test your dedication.

> Anyway, I am not one of those who get scared easily, so I will try to
> finish kdelibs4.po

Good luck.

> and send it to you. Is there any previous attempt to translate it to
> Albanian, or I just have
> to start from scratch?

http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kde4/team/sq/

There were some attempts, but only 14 strings were committed so far.

--
Vit Pelcak