List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Please add: ru@petr1708 (Russian traditional orthography)
From:       Alexander Potashev <aspotashev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-01 12:51:01

1 апреля 2011  г. 16:09 пользователь -скрыто- Алекса
<mistresssilvara@hotmail.com> написал:
> The difference between orthographies is much larger and more significant than that.
> Considering this, this is really what I mean.

I might not know all of the differences, but if translation from "ru"
to "ru@petr1708" can be partly automated (e.g., for doing simple
replacements of endings and words), please, do that. But if you are
going to take into account the differences in usage of prepositions,
that may be too difficult to do automatically.

> Of ru@petr1708 translators, obviously.

In order to create a new team, you should firstly translate
kdelibs4.po to 90% or more and send the file to Albert Astals Cid
<aacid@kde.org>. You can take the kdelibs4.po file translated into
modern Russian at
http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kde4/team/ru/kdelibs/ , or use an
empty translation template from
http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/l10n-kde4/templates/messages/kdelibs/kdelibs4.pot
.

I would appreciate if you will collaborate with Russian KDE team (see
http://l10n.lrn.ru/wiki/Краткий_справочник_переводчика_KDE). Please,
use the "kde-russian" mailing list to ask any questions about Russian
localization of KDE.

--
Alexander Potashev