2011/2/22 Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org>
A Dimarts, 22 de febrer de 2011, Marek Laane va escriure:
> 2011/2/22 Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org>
>
> > A Dilluns, 21 de febrer de 2011, Marek Laane va escriure:

> > > Should be rather of the language, I think - even in Estonia there are
> > > so many Russian-speaking people we have usually three kind keyboards
> > > in
> >
> > shops:
> > > Estonian, Russian and "international"
> >
> > Sorry but didn't really understood if you say it should be "Estonian
> > (Country)
> > layout" or "Estonian (Language) layout", can you say which you think it's
> > the
> > correct?
> >
> > Albert
> >
> > Rather "Estonian (Language) layout" - keyboard means characters, doesn't
>
> it? And Estonian language has some special characters.
> I'm positively sure keyboard is always connected to the language not to the
> country as characters are specific to the language not to the country.

Not really ;-) for example in Spain the "Spain country layout" contains all
the characters for Spanish, Catalan, Basque, etc languages. (e.g. it contains
the ç that is only used in Catalan)

Albert

Well, then one can say Spaniards are more successful by lobbying keyboard manufacturers than we in Estonia - we don't have keyboards with both Estonian (Latin) and Russian (Cyrillic) characters ;-)

Marek Laane
Estonian translator