List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: kdelibs/katepart4.po: Clear Dictionary Ranges
From:       Michel Ludwig <michel.ludwig () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-19 13:30:37

Hi,

On Wednesday 19 January 2011 13:15:58 Alexander Potashev wrote:
> Could anyone, please, explain me the meanings of strings "Clear
> Dictionary Ranges" and "Remove all the separate dictionary ranges that
> were set for spell checking." in messages/kdelibs/katepart4.pot?
>
> After reading some source code, I have only figured out that "range"
> here means a snippet of text in a document.

In KatePart you can specify different dictionaries for different parts of the
document. The parts of the document are identified by text ranges, e.g. the
range starting at line 2, column 3 extending to line 10, column 13.

Now, by selecting some part of the text and then choosing "Change Dictionary"
you can set the dictionary that is used for spell checking *only* for the
selected text range. "Clear Dictionary Ranges" will then reset all the
bindings from text ranges to dictionaries, and the default dictionary will be
used again for the whole of the text.

Hope that helps,

Michel