List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Encoding problem in doc files
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2011-01-16 17:30:20

написане Sat, 15 Jan 2011 23:18:24 +0200, Dimitrios Glentadakis
<dglent@gmail.com>:

> I have a problem with the encoding in the doc files. As you see in the
> screenshot the problem, the encoding of greek is on a HTML type
> ISO-8859-7 non-greek (so impossible to decode)
>
> As we said before
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=128975870611169&w=2
> now we have to use the file in
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/xsl/
> to create the documentation.
>
> - Where i can find the english file as template? The one in the above
> folder has only 4 entries.
> - Can i use the old greek file to create a new in utf-8 ? I mean to take
> all the entries and change them to utf-8
> - The path of the new xsl file (utf-8) in my system is the same ?
> (/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/common/el.xml). Or i have to
> copy the el.xml (utf-8) in another path ?

Hi,

KDE localization coordinators decided to drop corrected XSLs from kdelibs.
Thus all broken locales in docbook-style-xsl (Mandriva) package are not
KDE problem now.

Upstream of docbook XSL translation is the Fedora project:

https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/docbook-locales/c/master/

You can join Greek Fedora Team to correct the issues. Current version of
Greek translation (UTF-8 encoded) can be found here:

http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/gentext/locale/

It should be installed to /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets/common

Hope this helps,
Yuri