List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Encoding problem in doc files
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2011-01-15 23:41:19

Dimitrios Glentadakis wrote:
> I have a problem with the encoding in the doc files. As you see in the screenshot \
> the problem, the encoding of greek is on a HTML type ISO-8859-7 non-greek (so \
> impossible to decode)
> http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7596/xsl.png
Hi,
which distribution? Did you compile the documentation by hand or does it come
from a package? Could you please send me that file (it should be
index.cache.bz2 in the <kdedir>/share/doc/HTML/el/konqueror directory).

> As we said before
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=128975870611169&w=2
> now we have to use the file in
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/xsl/
> to create the documentation.
>
> - Where i can find the english file as template? The one in the above folder has \
> only 4 entries.
It is common/en.xml in the main docbook-xsl directory (the path depends on
your system: on Debian/Ubuntu is /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/)

> - Can i use the old greek file to create a new in utf-8 ? I mean to take all the \
> entries and change them to utf-8
Yes, you can.

> - The path of the new xsl file (utf-8) in my system is the same ?  \
> (/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/common/el.xml). Or i have to copy the \
> el.xml (utf-8) in another path ?
/usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/docbook/xsl/common/el.xml is no more. Now the path
of the installed file is <kdedir>/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/xsl/el.xml

Regards
--
Luigi