List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    First release of Knights from Extragear (and Git)
From:       Miha Čančula <miha.cancula () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-12-01 22:39:53

It is a little late for the Release-early-release-often mentality, but I
believe that Knights [0],[1] is in a stable state and should be officially
released soon. However, I am completely new to this, and due to it being in
extragear and hosted on git.kde.org, I can't find any complete instructions
or checklist for this. So if I'm doing something wrong, please tell me. If
I'm missing something, or I should post somewhere else, let me know as well.

I would like to notify especially the translators. I don't know what kind of
a deadline is usual for application like this, so could someone from the
translation team advise me on that? I would set it to something like two
weeks (meaning a release around 15. December), but if that's two short, I'll
postpone it.

There has been little change to translatable strings (apart from new themes
and their descriptions), and there are already some fully translated
languages. One necessary change is to change the version in documentation to
2.2.0, but otherwise there's not much new.

Thank you very much,
Miha

[0] https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/games/knights
[1] http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Knights?content=122046 (before