List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Keeping HTML code out of i18n()'d labels
From:       Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-29 23:57:26

Hi

One of our GCI tasks is to create useful information links for every
technical term in KStars, and our student has successfully implemented
it already.

Now, this involves changing the text of several labels in several .ui
files to include HTML tags: "<a href="foo">foo</a>" instead of "foo".

My question is, is $EXTRACTRC going to take care of getting rid of the
HTML tags, or will it extract the string inclusive of the HTML tags?
If it is the former, do we need to add some context?

Also, I think that this tiny feature would be awesome to have in 4.6,
but of course there's the feature freeze and the string freeze on
trunk now. I wanted to know if we can make an exception _if_ there are
no strings changed. (It is not worth, for sure, if this is going to
change strings)

Regards
Akarsh