List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: flag symbol
From:       "g.sora" <g.sora () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2010-10-28 10:48:01

Hi,
thank you for your fast reply.

> > My questions now are:
> >
> > a. is there a way to insert a flag to identify a keyboard language?
> >
> > I mean for the shown database and for all the kde environment, so that if
> > I change a language I can see the proper flag.
>
> You can add your flag as follows:
>
> http://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/localization.html
>
> However I am not sure if it's possible for flags without nationality...

Thank you for the tip, but in effect it seems all country-oriented, and
interlingua has no country at all of course (it is an international language).

Maybe I should ask to the people of esperanto team (if it is still active) on
how they solved the problem.

> > b. which format it has to have?
> > i.e. dimensions, extensions and so on.
>
> The flags for statistics are here:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/areas/l10n/img/flags/
>
> 18 x 12 px PNG
>
> However you cannot commit them directly. Someone with commit privileges can
> do this.

Ok, for sure, but for now it is enough, so that I can get the symbol and when
I have it I would ask for proper people to insert it.

> Best regards,
> Yuri
Best Regards
Giovanni