List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    "New" strings in KDevelop 4.1
From:       Nicolas Alvarez <nicolas.alvarez () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-17 5:05:43

Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey translators!
>
> I just wanted to notify you all that the 4.1 branch is string frozen. We
> hope to release 4.1 in a month. Would be cool to see some more languages
> getting above the 75% barrier.

I *just* found some strings in KDevelop weren't translatable. Missing
i18n(), or not being extracted into a .po. I just committed a fix for this.

We are in string freeze, but technically I didn't add any new string. All
strings were already there, I only made them translatable. The problem is
that KDevelop 4.1 final will be released in *only one week*. I know many
teams may be unable to translate these "new" strings in time.

However, I'd appreciate your best efforts to update the translations
New files are kdevcodeutils.po, kdevopenwith.po, kdevpastebin.po, and
kdevreviewboard.po (with few strings each), and kdevplatform.po got three
new strings.

Details for the interested:

Four plugin directories in kdevplatform (codeutils, openwith, pastebin,
reviewboard) were missing the Messages.sh script, so their strings weren't
getting extracted at all and didn't appear in .po files. The plugins are
minor and have few strings, but it's still a problem. Notably, the plugin
list showed translated descriptions for all plugins except these.

I also found the "Open Project" dialog was missing i18n() calls in three
existing strings.

I have fixed these problems in the 1.1 branch of kdevplatform, adding the
missing Messages.sh scripts (I hope they are correct!) and the i18n() calls.
Adding new strings during string freeze is usually not allowed, but making
existing strings translatable is fine, according to techbase (and common
sense, if you think about it).

Sorry for the trouble.

--
Nicolas