List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: <date> tag content not ISO in several docbooks
From:       Burkhard =?iso-8859-15?q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2010-09-24 19:16:13

Am Freitag, 24. September 2010, um 19:01:45 schrieb Federico Zenith:
> In data venerdì 24 settembre 2010 18:22:44, Burkhard Lück ha scritto:
> > Am Freitag, 24. September 2010, um 09:08:39 schrieb Federico Zenith:
> > > Hi,
> > > following a discussion in the Italian mailing list I noticed that the
> > > content of the <date> tag is actually supposed to strictly follow the
> > > ISO format YYYY-MM-DD. http://l10n.kde.org/docs/markup/prologue.html
> > >
> > > Several docbooks do not do this; from the stable documentation/ folder,
> > > running:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > > Should these be corrected in stable after the tagging of KDE 4.5.2, or
> > > only in trunk?
> >
> > Yes,
>
> "Yes" what, in trunk or in stable after the tag?

Stable is in string freeze, please *never* commit there.
That is business as usual, update documentation in trunk, kde-i18n-doc will
care for backporting to stable.

> > but please don't just correct the date format.
> > Proofread the documentation, update and then change the date.
>
> Er, no. This is not a legitimate expectation. I only have found a bug
> (since the <date> tag must always use ISO),

That is no bug.

> I do not intend to proofread
> all those pieces of documentation of software I do not know.

Why not?
I'm doing that all day long,
Use the application, read svn logs and devel blogs, ask devels and on mailing
lists, search in forums, google etc.

In case of man pages that should be very simple, launch "script-or-app --help"
in konsole and update the man page to the output.

--
Burkhard Lück