List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Problems with svn
From:       Vít Pelčák <vit () pelcak ! org>
Date:       2010-08-15 7:47:40

2010/8/14 Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic@gmx.net>:
>>> [: Chusslove Illich :]
>>> It didn't really help. You probably didn't set up SSH key properly on
>>> that other machine, so the first command couldn't authenticate with the
>>> server.
>>
>> [: Vít Pelčák :]
>> That is most probably because I use different user name on that machine.
>> Could you suggest me some workaround.
>
> What I do is that I have the SSH key pair for the KDE repo distinctly named,
> say id_rsa_kde and id_rsa_kde.pub, and copy it into ~/.ssh/ on any machine/
> account from which I want to access the repo. Then, in ~/.ssh/config of that
> account, I add:
>
>  Host *.kde.org
>      User ilic
>      IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa_kde
>
> which tells to SSH (and by extension to svn+ssh://... SVN scheme) to use
> this user name and key for authentication to servers in .kde.org domain.
> Then it should just work.

Hm. I tried that. Used propper keys and name, but result is the same.
Permission denied :-(

$ svn co --depth=empty svn+ssh://svn.kde.org/home/kde .
Permission denied (publickey).
svn: Network connection closed unexpectedly

And it is not by firewall. I even tried to use IdentityFile
~/.ssh/id_rsa_kde.pub

It didn't help either.

> (It is not strictly necessary to copy around the public key, id_rsa_kde.pub
> in the example above, but I have a stylistic desire to keep the pair paired :)

Sure.

--
Vit Pelcak