List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    KDEPIM 4.5.x
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2010-07-22 17:25:18

Hallo folks,

as you most certainly have read multiple times already, KDE PIM will not be
part of the KDE SC 4.5.0 release due to not having reached the necessary
stability yet.

Basically our focus for as long as it takes is to work almost [1] exclusively
on the 4.5 branch and forward porting fixes to trunk.

Now, some of the issues we are facing are hard or maybe even impossible to fix
without changing the UI, which would potentially mean changes in strings.

Of course we won't do something like this before the KD SC 4.5.0 release as
you have already your hands full for that.

However, I'd like to ask whether in principle you would agree on letting us
change/introduce strings in KDEPIM after that.
And if yes, what kind of freeze period would be required before the PIM
release?

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] Some things like folding back things from e.g. the Google Summer of Code
branch or the mobile branch are happening in trunk in parallel.
KDE user support, developer mentoring