List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] String freeze exception for kdm?
From:       Michael Skiba <michael () michael-skiba ! de>
Date:       2010-07-13 8:14:34

Am Montag, 12. Juli 2010 08:34:17 schrieb Martin Schlander:
> And I also prefer "free software" over "open source", but that's a matter
>  of  taste, so... ;-)

Actually rms once explained the difference between open and free software like
this: When your car breaks down and you aren't allowed to look under the hood
you use microsoft/apple/other proprietary vendor, when you're allowed to look
under the hood you're using open source software. But only free software
allows you to fix the v-belt with a pair of tights.

It somehow makes sense to me, so I'd also vote for free software.

Regards,
Michael