List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: permission to finish renaming kttsd to kitty
From:       Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-05-23 12:39:00

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 5:04 AM, Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor@ukr.net> wrote:

> =D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=B5 Sat, 22 May 2010 13:50:1=
5 +0300, Jeremy Whiting <
> jpwhiting@kde.org>:
>

>  Hey, A bit ago I started renaming kttsd to kitty, the executable is
>> renamed,
>> as are many of the strings in the app itself, but I missed the foldernam=
es
>> in svn, the service name in the desktop file, and the message catalog
>> also.
>> I wont be renaming libkttsd as it's a library and can't change for binar=
>> compatibility.  I'd like to finish the rename, then do the same in the
>> documentation for 4.5, is that acceptable to you dear translators?
>>
>> You do an excellent job btw, I appreciate all you do.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Jeremy
>>

> Hi!
>
> Thank you for your work on KDE accessibility.
>
> I think that as there is no hard freeze now it is up to developers to
> change the names (as it is some kind of typos ;) ).
>
> Thus, no objections for Ukrainian team.
>
> BTW http://accessibility.kde.org/developer/kttsd/ refers to DCOP and othe=
> KDE 3.5 things. Are there any plans to update this page?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Yuri

Hey all, sorry to bother again, but we found Kitty is already taken (it's a
kde podcast downloader or somesuch).  So we brainstormed and decided the
name "Jovie" would be better, and is not used yet.  I got the name from the
movie Elf when naming my daughter 4 years ago...  I'll do the rename shortl=
and hope you all haven't translated kitty already.

thanks,

Jeremy

P.S. Yuri, yes I'll update that site very soon also