List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Onlinehelp links
From:       Burkhard =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2010-05-13 6:56:17

Am Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2010, um 07:23:16 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
> написане Thu, 13 May 2010 01:40:03 +0300, Albert Astals Cid
>
> <aacid@kde.org>:
> > A Dimecres, 12 de maig de 2010, Yuri Chornoivan va escriure:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> New kdebase-runtime/onlinehelp/onlinehelp.docbook contains the following
> >> links:
> >>
> >> <ulink url="http://userbase.kde.org/Getting_Help">Getting Help</ulink>
> >>
> >> <ulink url="http://userbase.kde.org/Applications">Applications</ulink>
> >>
> >> <ulink url="http://userbase.kde.org/Tutorials">Tutorials</ulink>
> >>
> >> <ulink url="http://techbase.kde.org/">KDE Techbase</ulink>
> >>
> >> All these pages can be localized (just append _(LL) at the end and you
> >> have the localized version).
> >>
> >> But in POT they shown as follows
> >>
> >> Getting Help
> >> Applications
> >> Tutorials
> >> KDE Techbase
> >>
> >> It will be nice to have translatable links. Is there any way to make
> >> link
> >> extraction possible?
> >
> > I am afraid it is not since the xml2pot program is coded to just extract
> > "text" from docbooks. Maybe we could make it extract the url locations,
> > but
> > that's something i don't have time to look after, if someone has time,
> > please
> > do.
> >
> > Albert
>
> What if just add something invisible (e.g. &nbsp;) as follows?
>
> <ulink url="http://userbase.kde.org/An_introduction_to_KDE">An
> Introduction to KDE</ulink>&nbsp;
>
> Visually DocBook HTML is unchanged, but the extracted string is:
>
> #. Tag: term
> #: index.docbook:21
> #, no-c-format
> msgid "<ulink url=\"http://userbase.kde.org/An_introduction_to_KDE\">An
> Introduction to KDE</ulink>&nbsp;"

Nice catch, now I know why this does not work inside term markup, but I can't
fix that in our "mimosa" xml2pot.

> Is such addition safe?

Checked that, as long as your translated msgid is valid xml, you can
successfully generate a lang docbook, even if you strip off &nbsp; or the
complete ulink markup.

So I'd say yes.

> Thanks in advance.

Thanks for catching this.