List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Message 195 in docmessages/kdeedu/kwordquiz contains error
From:       Peter Hedlund <peter () peterandlinda ! com>
Date:       2010-04-20 19:43:28

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 11:20:48 am you wrote:
> A Dimarts, 20 d'abril de 2010, Freek de Kruijf va escriure:
> > Message 195 in docmessages/kdeedu/kwordquiz reads:
> >
> > The 'Fill-in-the-blank' features can be turned on and off in the
> > Configuration dialog. Turning them of will make it possible to use fonts
> > that map other characters to the positions of the brackets. It will also
> > speed up performance slightly.
> >
> > the word of in the second line should be off.
> >
> > Apart from that I don't understand this message. Which fonts map other
> > characters to the position of the brackets? According to the current
> > Dutch translation the brackets are simply displayed 'as is'.
>
> I fixed the typo but can't answer your problem with understanding the
> message, Peter can you shed some light about it?
>
> Albert

Thanks for fixing the error.

This is a very old message having survived from when WordQuiz was developed
for non-Unicode versions of Windows. Think Windows 95 and 98. On those
platforms there are/were fonts available for e.g. Japanese that simply mapped
characters to positions where ascii characters normally would be. Essentially
blocking two keys on the keyboard would make such fonts unusable.

With everything being Unicode today I guess the message is at least 99%
obsolete.

I haven't touched this part of KWQ because my plan has been, and still is, to
make the "blank" delimiter character(s) user configurable. Unless someone has a
better idea.

Thanks,
Peter