List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: l10n-get script under trunk/kdesdk/scripts
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2010-04-20 16:56:25

написане Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:45:23 +0300, Spiros Georgaras <sng@hellug.gr>:

> στις 20/4/2010 5:48 μμ, O/H Yuri Chornoivan έγραψε:
>> написане Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:19:42 +0300, Spiros Georgaras
>> <sng@hellug.gr>:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> This is a message to inform you that I have just committed a bash
>>> script
>>> called l10n-get under trunk/kdesdk/scripts This script is used to
>>> download the
>>> po and docbook files for a given program, or check / download a user
>>> defined
>>> l10n related file
>>>
>>> If you think it would be useful to you, please have a look and comment
>>> here
>>>
>>> I would like to add automatic CMakeLists.txt creation for po/ and doc/
>>> subdirectories, but I don't know if there is a standard format for
>>> these
>>> files...
>>>
>>> - --
>>> Regards
>>>   Spiros
>>>

>> Hi!
>>
>> It seems that the script ignores localized screenshots. Does it mean
>> that
>> they are useless?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Yuri
>>

> No, it means I didn't know localized screenshots existed in the first
> place :)
> No documentation has ever been translated in greek, so this is all new
> to me...
> And I 've been meaning to ask about it: how does a packager distributes
> documentation images etc. Now I get the idea
>
> But that means, when no localized screenshots exist for a language, the
> original
> will be (magically) used? mayby the images of directory en/ are used? or
> each
> language directory must contain all the necessary images (localized or
> not)?
>
> Can you please point me to a directory that contains localized images?
>
> - --
> Regards
>   Spiros

Yes, if there are no localized screenshots original screenshots (from /en)
will be automatically used.

Localized PNG have to be saved along with index.docbook (with the same
names as original screenshots). Just like these:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/uk/docs/playground-utils/gwenrename/

:)

Best regards,
Yuri