On Tuesday 30 March 2010 00:11:24 Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote: > > As Sacha already mentioned, Gluon Creator and the as-of-yet not created > Gluon Player for KDE (which will be a plasmoid) are the only items with > strings needing translation. The other parts of the framework are pure > libraries with no user-visible output (that is, all the output from the > libraries is debug output, and as such not translated from what i > understand about KDE in general... please do correct me on this, however, > in case i am wrong :) ) Actually, the current Qt-based player also has a few strings, it uses Qt's tr() method however and not KDE Localized strings. > We do, however, have JLP (Jure Repinc) with us, who's a KDE translator. > So, we do have someone from the kde l10n side on this, though he through > the last while (due to the rather heavy development which has been going > on) has not been so active with us. Hopefully that will change, though, > for example with him helping us out with the translatable strings... We're > getting close to the first alpha release, so immediately after this > release would probably be a good time to get together and talk about this > :) > As Leinir already said, once we're done with the alpha (any moment now! :p) is a good time to do these kinds of things. I personally would like Gluon to move to a similar setup as Amarok. (Bah! I need to finish my mail about that...) - Arjen