Maybe teams should only put a link to their own website (that could be a subdomain of *.l10n.kde.org, a techbase wiki page or whatever) there (with the Mailing List and Website fields). It's just a starting point. IMHO, we do not need to keep an centralized and up-to-date list of translators of each country, so let's teams organizing as they wish, and remove this useless Translators block. Nicolas On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Sveinn í Felli wrote: > Þann fös  5.mar 2010 05:22, skrifaði Yuri Chornoivan: >> >> написане Fri, 05 Mar 2010 01:42:38 +0200, Albert Astals Cid >> : >> >>> Hi, i'd like to remove the "Translators" section in >>> http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=cs (cs as example) pages. >>> >>> My reasons are: >>> * Gets old fast >>> * People fight because they want a Team Coordinator badge > > Makes the page a bit more "human" to have some names there, but gets > outdated quickly. So, yes. > > Maybe it could be nice to put a bit more visual emphasis on ML and Website > names. > >>> I'd also want to change the "About" section to say something along the >>> lines >>> of "If you want to contribute pleas contact the team mailing list (if it >>> exists) if the team mailing list does not exist or does not answer >>> after some >>> time please subscribe to kde-i18n-doc and ask for guidance" >>> >>> I'd also like to remove http://l10n.kde.org/register.php since it means >>> nothing, i've seen people register there in hope to help and never get >>> anything done because the "so called coordinators" were long absent. > > Only had bots asking for registration through this form. > >>> I agree that originally these sections seemed like a nice idea but i >>> only see >>> them bringing us grief and really not adding anything. >>> >>> Comments? >>> >>> Albert >>> >> >> Hi! >> >> I generally agree. >> >> But there is one thing that can leave us without any young blood. Yes, LP. >> >> As it seems from Timelord reports, Kubuntu won't remove KDE translation >> from LP or "Help translate this application" from menu. If someone want >> to translate, they either use Google and find LP on first positions or >> use "Help translate this application" item. In both cases LP (except >> from hidden wiki) does not give any hint about upstream. > > Well, this has been added recently: > , it's up to each language > team in LP to make a link to it. Sure it's "hidden" by the fact that the > term "upstream" does not necessarily have any meaning for a novice > wannabe-translator... > > LP (ubuntu) has also made mandatory for the language teams to maintain a > "Translation Guidelines" page, and it's getting difficult to translate some > projects on LP without adhesion to a language team. So it seems they're > making some effort. > >> Can something like "Please do not translate in LP. It's downstream, your >> translations will not be used in any distribution except Ubuntu-based >> ones and will be silently overwritten if someone change them in KDE >> repository even in Ubuntu-based distributions." be added on the page? >> >> And where can I submit team mailing list address? >> >> BTW can I update how-to when current changes on docbook autogeneration >> and other translation-related things will be in place? >> >> Thanks in advance. >> Yuri > > This former page, http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=xx, is not > directly editable by each language team, right? > > Best regards, > > Sveinn í Felli > >