reede, 26. veebruar 2010 00:18:49 kirjutas Burkhard Lück: > Am Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2010 22:51:56 schrieb Marek Laane: > > Sad... I can understand splitting is for minimizing workload both of > > > > writers and of translators as huge texts are hard to maintain. > > Me does not agree. > I prefer to have one docbook for maintaining documentation and translation, > except for really really huge docs. > > Eg the okteta documentation is splitted into 5 or 6 docbooks, some of them > less than 1000 byte. That is nonsense and I'll change that with the next > backport in branch and merge all into one docbook. > > > For same > > reason I could easily imagine that in these huge manuals are some > > chapters more important than others and therefore some not so important > > (or important only for "advanced" users) may be let untranslatable, at > > least for a while... > > There are very few (I assume less than five in whole kde) cases where it > makes sense to have a really hugh documentation only partly translated. > One example is digikam, which has only around five up to date translations. > But this number could be easily doubled if color-management.docbook could > stay untranslated. > The color-management.docbook has a lot of really good technical background > information about this topic (and is hard to translate properly), but I'd > say it is not necessary for Joe User working with Digikam. Well, yes, I agree with both your positions :-) Too many too little docbooks are really a bit nuicanse and yes, I meant exactly quite a few manuals where there may be reasonable to let some chapters untranslated at least for a while (I provided as example kate-advanced because it is a part of KDE SC but, of course, in extragear there are more examples, digikam, krusader, kmymoney being the first ones I remember)