List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Hebrew calendar, digit set, and weekday names
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2010-02-04 14:20:35

> [: John Layt :]
> [...] but I'm a bit nervous about it as it seems to mess with the system
> locale as well as the KDE global locale [...]

KDE locale will not work fully properly unless system locale (i.e. glibc
locale) is set too, so somewhere within normal KDE app startup sequence
system locale is indeed set. I guess the test code is doing whatever is
sufficient wrt. system locale to get KDE locale up and running.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team