On Sunday 31 January 2010 14:14:50 Chusslove Illich wrote: > > [: John Layt :] > > In 4.3 KLocale gained support for setting the DigitSet to be used and > > added support for Arabic-Indic and Devenagari digits. Hebrew was not > > added at the time, I'm not sure why not. > > I think I didn't add Hebrew digits because I read that they are used only > in dates and not in general numbers (as opposed to countries using Arabic- > Indic, etc.), and dates were, well, already covered :) Ah, interesting. But with numbers/money/dates each able to be separately configured rather than an all-or-nothing, that would seem an ideal fit, rather than having a special exception? Doing some more research makes it clear we can't do Hebrew numbers as they are not a decimal digit system as supported by DigitSet and Unicode: http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/hebrew-numbers.html In Unicode the following decimal digit sets are apparently supported with the numeric value property, Hebrew isn't so won't work: Arabic, Balinese, Bengali, Devanagari, Ethiopic, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Telugu, Khmer, Lao, Limbu, Malayalam, Mongolian, Myanmar, New Tai Lue, Nko, Oriya, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Osmanya (Any plans to support them all? I think we can ignore the Ancient Greek, Roman and Cuneiform number systems :-) I wonder if we should special case this in KLocale or the KCM to allow the choice for Date Digit Set only? It's probably not a good user experience to see the Date Digit Set in System Settings as one value, but have the calendar use another? I guess that's for 4.5 to sort out, for 4.4 I'll do the hack. John.