List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Authors/developers/teams/maintainers
From:       "Anne-Marie Mahfouf" <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2010-01-26 13:08:31

On Tuesday 26 January 2010 13:35:40 John Tapsell wrote:
> 2010/1/26 Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf@free.fr>:
> > On Tuesday 26 January 2010 12:58:13 Alexander Potashev wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have noticed that there is no order in the way of calling people who
> >> took part in making KDE applications. These are the templates I've
> >> found: Xxxxx Authors
> >>       Xxxxx Developers
> >>       Xxxxx Development Team
> >>       Xxxxx developers team
> >>       Xxxxx Team (including `KDE Team'/`The KDE Team')
> >>       Xxxxx Maintainers
> >>

> >> What's the reason for such a divergency? Is it OK to always call
> >> the copyright owners "authors" or "developers" when translating the
> >> copyright notices?
> >
> > Author is the person who started the software.
> > Maintainer is the person who is developing it right now and is in charge
> > of it.
>
> What about people who contributed significant amounts of code, but
> aren't the maintainer? I thought those were authors too.
>
> John
John, they might be authors as well, this is just a label to give some credit.
I don't think it matters wether they are labelled developers or authors as
long as they are in the copyright if they contributed a lot.

What is bad are all the teams copyrights found by Alexander (after asking on
IRC). Alexander can you send me privately the list of the files you found with
those copyrights so I can ask KDE eV about them, thanks in advance.
annma at kde dot org

Anne-Marie