List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Vertimus
From:       Sébastien_Renard <Renard () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-31 16:25:41

Le dimanche 27 décembre 2009 15:11:53, Vít Pelčák a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to ask whether there are any plans to deploy usage of
> Vertimus for translation collaboration.
>
> Czech GNOME translators team is using it and it helped them to
> increase efficiency.
>
> It allows translator to register his application for translation so
> there aren't two of them working on it at once, upload translations,
> displays diffs in web gui and much more.
>
> See description:
> https://launchpad.net/vertimus
>
> Its deployment could help us to improve quality of translations
> through efficient usage of work force.

Hi,

The French team use a home made tool that does quite similar things :
http://github.com/digitalfox/py10n

PO file booking is up to the coordinator but it has a nice command line tool or
web interface (simple django admin site for now  - I prefer command line) to
manage translators an reservations.
It builds automatically the booking page with stats from msgfmt and pology.
Sorted by modules or translators

Exemple here for french po file :
http://fr.l10n.kde.org/apps/pofiles.php
http://fr.l10n.kde.org/apps/translators.php
http://fr.l10n.kde.org/apps/stats.php

I manages multiple branch and can preserve booking when PO file move across
modules.

It uses a mysql database (that should run on coordinator workstation/server)
and python/django. Web pages are send to l10n.kde.org via subversion (usual
way).

It can be used for gui files and doc files. For another language, one just need
to translate/update web page template (in django grammar) which is quite easy.
Ex. for pofile main page :
http://github.com/digitalfox/py10n/blob/master/templates/dj10n/pofiles.html

If anyone wants to use it, it's free of course (GPL v2).

a+
--
Sébastien