List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: c-format trouble in KrossWordPuzzle
From:       "Yuri Chornoivan" <yurchor () ukr ! net>
Date:       2009-12-22 20:55:05

написане Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:24:32 +0200, Albert Astals Cid
<aacid@kde.org>:

> A Dimarts 22 Desembre 2009 05:33:04, Yuri Chornoivan va escriure:
>> написане Tue, 22 Dec 2009 01:57:21 +0200, Albert Astals Cid
>>
>> <aacid@kde.org>:
>> > A Dilluns 21 Desembre 2009 22:42:50, Chusslove Illich va escriure:

>> and

>> > :
>> > :q: is a different beast, it is about parsing user input, not about
>> text
>> >
>> > substitution (afair)
>> >
>> > So Yuri do you talk with the developer about the new fix?
>> >
>> > Albert
>>
>> Yes, I have sent him the new patch according to Chusslove
>> recommendations.
>>
>> It seems that this program is developed outside of KDE SVN (like KVPNC
>> et
>> al.). The author use KDE SVN just to obtain the translations, so the
>> direct change of the code will be overwritten by his next commit.
>
> Technically yhis is forbidden by KDE policies... but anyway  ....
>
> Do you know where he is hosting his sources?

Guess, at his own hard disk. New versions are shared by kde-apps
(http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KrossWordPuzzle?content=111726  )

>> If KDE translation teams want their translations to be included to
>> KrossWordPuzzle 1.0, they have to send translations directly to the
>> author
>> or ping him in some other way. After some first letters I have a feeling
>> that all existing translations will be included. But to my shame for the
>> unknown reason only Ukrainian have been included.
>>

> That is something i don't understand, he puts the code to get
> translations in
> but then doesn't include them? We might as well remove it from our SVN
> then if
> all he's doing is wasting our time.

Please, do not do this. The application is really great (just try it by
your own). I have written the developer twice trying to convince him to
develop the game through KDE SVN, but received no answer. Last version
(newer than in SVN) have been released with Ukrainian translation only.

Maybe my arguments were too weak?

It is playground application. I am afraid that if we push too hard, this
game will be lost for KDE. Can you convince him to include the translations
(en_GB, pt, and sv) from kde4-l10n?

Thanks in advance.