List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: translation sprint, dec 27, #kde-ar channel
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-21 22:02:07

A Dilluns 21 Desembre 2009 12:25:33, Alvaro Soliverez va escriure:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Martín Pippo <faktorqm@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > The KDE-AR team are glad to announce our latest translation sprint of
> > 2009. The day? December, Sunday 27.
> > Where? In the #kde-ar channel on freenode.
> > Hour? during all day since 1 pm (local hour, GMT -3) until we get tired
> > of translating :D
> > Objetives? KMyMoney first, then some articles of Techbase or Userbase.
> > Thank you. I apologize for the last mail, the velociraptor ended up
> > having breakfast with me....
>
> Hello all,
> some clarification about this.
> The kde-ar team mentioned above is the Argentina local group, not to
> confuse the ar (Arabic, I think) translation team.
>
> The team will work on the es (Spanish) translations, since there is no
> specific locale for Argentina. It is a first experience for the team,
> so most of the effort will go into getting people up to speed with
> translation tools and workflow.
> We will contact the Spanish translation lead for further assistance on
>  that.
>
> As for the work on KMyMoney, the application strings are mostly done,
> so the effort would be best spent on other kde applications that need
> more love at the time, in preparation for KDE SC 4.4. Later on, there
> is the documentation to be translated but that can wait for other
> release, since there's no way it can be finished on time for the
> release of KMyMoney on the 28th.
>
> I can act as liaison if needed, since I'm subscribed to both lists.

To be sincere i'm not sure what kde-i18n-doc should get out of this mail, i
mean, it's cool you are doing a sprint and we of course support it and will
help as we can, but probably kde-ar@kde.org.ar already has everyone interested
in it, right?

Albert