List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Missing French department locale
From:       John Layt <johnlayt () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-11 11:18:01

On Friday 11 December 2009 11:31:43 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On Friday 11 December 2009 10:49:57 Sveinn í Felli (IMAP) wrote:
> > What's the deal with the DOM/TOM's ? The DOM's should have
> > their own locale, isn't it ? Even being departments in
> > France, they have different times and possibly
> > dictionnaries, how about currency ?
> > What's the situation for La Réunion ?
> > The TOM's have mostly different time-settings ?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Sveinn í Felli
>
> Hi all, hi John,
>
> to Sveinn
> yes they do, they are a different country geographically and  have
>  different timezones.
> Currently in kdebase/runtime/l10n/ we have French Polynesia and Martinique
>  but not La Réunion which is probably a miss like Guiana.
>
> Digging deeper, the README mentions all those
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/l10n/README?view=markup
>
> and I am CCing John Layt who added this info to ask him whether I can add
>  GF RE and YT in time for 4.4 (3 new strings) or not.
>
> John: I have a bug report asking for Guiana to be added in runtime/l10n and
> I'd like to also add RE and YT at the same time.
>
> Anne-Marie

Hi,

Yes, I'm happy for these to be added provided the appropriate translation
exemption is granted.  They meet our standard criteria for inclusion and are
not a new feature so can go in 4.4.

I had planned to add them at some stage, but it fell off my TODO list.

That also reminds me I didn't add the new currency fields to the README :-)

Cheers!

John.