List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: string freeze exemption request: KDE Development Platform
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-11-27 19:45:12

> [: Aaron J. Seigo :]
> also, the promo team is working on guidelines for translating names (e.g.
> in "plasma desktop", can you translate "desktop", etc). [...]

"Can you"? I will consider such guidelines void. That means not following
them whenever they conflict our internal language team guidelines.
Theoretically, providing good argument could make a difference, but given
that I've been hearing such arguments for past six years, this is bordering
impossible. Therefore, the only way I, as coordinator of my language team,
would enforce such guidelines is if the alternative is removal of commit
access.

I consider it downright insulting that promo team is thinking of issuing a
guideline on this matter with "must (not)" wording in it. I've no problem
with an argumented advisory instead.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team