List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    string freeze exemption request: KDE Development Platform
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-11-27 17:00:59

hi everyone ... :)

i'm writing to ask for a string freeze exemption to bring our About Dialogs
and the text that appears when `kfoo --version` is run from the command line
into line with the new branding.

i managed to do the "About KDE" dialog before the freeze, but there is the --
version issue and a mention in the "about this application" dialog. so i need
to change two strings.

is that ok?

also, the promo team is working on guidelines for translating names (e.g. in
"plasma desktop", can you translate "desktop", etc). where should this
information go so that translators can best find it? we'll be adding it to the
branding pages on community.kde.org, but there may be another place that would
be good to point to that from?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se