List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Next release, trunk or stable?
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-02 8:59:53

Mandag den 2. november 2009 09:42:57 skrev Axel R.:
> > Trunk/4.4 is not yet in message freeze - so you may want to wait until
> > November 25 to avoid wasted effort - or you may want to get started
> > early. With kdevelop+kdevplatform part of it, 4.4 is going to bigger than
> > usual for
>
> I don't understand why we have to wait until November 25 to avoid wasted
> effort ?
> Our team works on the Trunk/4.4 and we believe that the translated
> string will be copy into the Stable/4.4 after the November 25.
> Are we wrong ?

Didn't say you have to, just that you may want to.

Simply because when there's no string freeze, you might spend your time
translating some strings which are later changed or removed - meaning you'll
have "wasted" some time.

But still, it might make sense to start early, to spread the workload over a
bigger period of time.

There's no perfect plan that fits all teams.