List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Why does kde-i18n-doc translate outdated documentation?
From:       Burkhard =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2009-10-19 15:56:36

Hi translators,

yesterday Albert deleted all ktimetracker docbooks (among them the german)
with the obsolete entity "&karm;", which was replaced by "&ktimetracker;".

This change from "&karm;" to "&ktimetracker;" in the englisch docbooks
happened some weeks ago and made around a third of all messages in
ktimetracker.po fuzzy.

Three teames have already a fully translated ktimetracker.po again.

So it should be an easy and quick task to update the german ktimetracker.po by
replacing the obsolete entity with the new one.

But sadly I had the same experience as with nearly every translation I wanted
to update or start in the last years:

The documentation is full of wrong and outdated stuff, it is impossible or
useless to translate it!

To proof this, the result of a quick and dirty update of the english docbook:

$ svn diff kdepim/doc/ktimetracker/index.docbook |diffstat
 index.docbook |  231
++++++++++------------------------------------------------

No bugreport!

No mail to kde-doc-english!

No mail to this list!

The same happend with several hundred docbooks in the last years.

A really really serious question:

Why does this happen?
What is going wrong here?

<rant>
I can not understand that kde-i18n-doc translates silently every nonsens
documentation, no bugreport, no mail, nothing :-(
</rant>

--
Burkhard Lück