List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Ambiguous string in libkunitconversion.po
From:       Chusslove Illich <caslav.ilic () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-09-27 11:35:09

> [: Sergiu Bivol :]
> "acre;acres;acre"
> [...]
> Well, if they are synonims, why do we have "acre" twice?

Probably an artifact due to conversion from old (4.3) to new (trunk) system
for handling translation of physical units. It's not a problem functionally,
and translation should anyway be an arbitrary number of synonyms (as
appropriate for target language). Still, I think it does make sense to clean
the English string of such repetitions, to avoid any future confusion.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team