List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    kcm-gtk 0.5.2
From:       Jonathan Thomas <echidnaman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-29 17:05:24

Hello to all translators from KDE and Ubuntu,

I am here to announce the release of kcm-gtk 0.5.2, as well as it's string
freeze. kcm-gtk is a fork of the GTK+ styles and fonts configuration module
from gtk-qt-engine, which is sadly now unmaintained. I have taken the
configuration module and geared it towards GTK+ appearance control in KDE in
general. It's project page can be found here: https://launchpad.net/kcm-gtk/

Anyway, the reason I am writing this email is that Yuri Chornoivan (yurchor)
of KDE and David Planella (dpm) of Ubuntu suggested that I announce this
release to both kde-i18n-doc and the Ubuntu translators lists.

Anybody who wishes to translate can find the sources in the tarball
(https://launchpad.net/kcm-gtk/+download) for use with you favorite
translation tools. You can send patches to me and I will see that they get
applied in the 0.5.x project quickly.  I would prefer emailing translation
patches to me rather than using Rosetta, to prevent a duplication of work, but
I suppose that duplication could occur emailing patches as well. The best
thing to do in this case would to check the bzr repo and the Rosetta page to
see what has been done. (Rosetta is a bit out of date at the moment, as I've
not gotten 0.5.2 with the string merges from gtk-qt-engine uploaded to Ubuntu
yet)

The project is fully outfitted with a Messages.sh setup, and ships the po's in
the po/ folder. Please report any l10n bugs that you may find.

There are a few string changes in comparison to gtk-qt-engine, mostly string
removals though. The languages that were translated before should still mostly
be translated.

Eventually I would like to see kcm-gtk come officially in to KDE, at least in
to extragear. (Anybody have tips on how to start that process?) It's not
distribution-specific at all, I don't think. Until then, I would graciously
accept any translation help that is offered to the project.

Thanks,
Jonathan